Reading is a most basic activity of language learning. In this Sprout Series of Readers, children aged 6—10 are treated to 19 beautifully illustrated, wonderfully written stories that will expose them to the world of Chinese language in a natural and engaging way.
The vocabulary in this series is carefully controlled to ensure that children are challenged but not intimidated. Pinyin and English annotations at the back of each book provide additional learning support.
The Sprout Series uses a total of 980 characters, of which 552 characters cover 70% of the Level A characters in the National Syllabus of Graded Words and Characters for Chinese Proficiency. 496 out of these 980 characters cover 83% of the Singapore Ministry of Education Primary 1-4 Chinese Character ListThis means that while children are enjoying the stories, they are learning the most important characters that form the vocabulary foundation of the Chinese language.
- Pre- and post-reading activities
- Read aloud section with full pinyin annotation
- Keyword list with English explanations and pinyin
- Good balance of traditional/cultural topics and modern day issues such as the environment and city life
- My Family
- A Button
- Here Comes the Train
- The Pumpkin House
- The Mythical Creature "Nian"
- Tree in a Nest
- Who Stays Awake Through the Night?
- Reading Garden - Sprout Series - Exploration and Adventure
- Whose Poo is this?
- Let's Design
- Let's Explore
- What Should We Do?
- Reading Garden - Sprout Series - Science and the Environment
- Rock and Roll Frogs
- The Earth's Breath
- All About Growing Up
- The Walking Tree
- Reading Garden - Sprout Series - Nursery Ryhmes
- Nursery Rhymes 1
- Nursery Rhymes 2
- Nursery Rhymes 3
Publisher: Nelson Cengage Learning
Chinese Readers Reading Garden Sprout Series ( Paper Pack of 19)
- Product Code: 9789000012558
- Availability: Pre-Order
- Ex Tax: AUD 113.95